Thursday, January 22, 2015

Can't you just accept me?

You say you love me
And that you'll love me no matter what.
And yet, you don't support who i am and who i want to be.
You look at me like i'm the dirt trapped beneath your boots.
You make it seem like i'm a bad person,
as if i'm the bad guy.

I just want to be happy and free to express myself the way i want to.
Because isn't that the way of life?
To Find happiness in everything you do
to be able to enjoy each day as it comes and goes

But when i attempt to do so
i'm frowned upon by society
And given dirty looks by my peers

Schools preach about Acceptance
self expression
respect and happiness
And yet, most of us fail to practice that in our own lives

Why
Why do we look down upon peers on account of their looks, taste and sexual preference
Its about damn time we put differences aside
and learn to see how unique each person truly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment