Monday, January 26, 2015



                                                  Monster

I am a Monster.
I was born this way,
With sharp teeth, sharp claws
And glowing red eyes.
I don't think it's a bad thing,
I do not hate myself,
I am what I am,
and I am proud.

As monster,
one would expect me to be nothing more than a terror
a creature who can only breed evil, and sow misery.
I cannot say I am innocent, there is indeed red on my claws
But that is to be expect, I wish to live.
I cannot go to close to the humans, for they will scream,
and they will run, and come back to kill me.
Nonetheless, I find that I enjoy watching these Humans,
they interact with each other without fear of death.
They Run, they laugh, they cry and they have fun.
It's strange to watch your food, but,
I am a Monster, so strange is what I am.

As much as I watch Humans
I hold no emotional attachment to those I view,
Many a time have I consumed what I've observed
It's my Nature, nothing more.

However,
There was one human I can't bring myself to eat.
It's not that it would've been difficult,
it would've been quite easy actually,
but something about this one, fascinated me.
It was, female, I think,
I have observed many other females,
loud ones, quiet ones, strong ones, weak ones,
But somehow this one was different
She was... kind, but this kindness is true
It is not like other humans whose kindness is required
She appeared, genuine, at least, compared to the others.
Her smile was not tainted, it was pure,
And I could not help but love it.

Everyday,
I waited for her to come out of the human's shelter
And watched, hidden away by nature,
She would always walk through the cities,
Smiling, laughing with others,
Brightening their days
How curious this human was,
That I had become entrance with her.
As the days continued on,
I began to notice a change
She would come out less frequently,
And when she did,
Her walks wouldn't last as long.
then one day, she stopped going on her walks

Eventually,
I worked up the courage to get closer to the shelter
And I crept up on the open window, and peered in
She was there, with strange machines attached to her.
No one was around, and I crawled in for a better look.
My ears, they could hear her slow heart beat,
And my eyes told me what would become of her.
In her sleeps she opened her eyes and gazed my way
I prepared to run when she spoke
"Hello, you don't have to be afraid"
Afraid? I was a horrid beast,
 Why would I be the one who was afraid?
"You look, different, but also, kind of cool"
For the first time in my life,
I decided to test what I had learned,  and replied
"Cool... I am not cool, only a Monster aren't you scared?"
"Why would I be scared, you mean no harm,
You haven't hurt me over these past few months
why start now?"
So she knew,,
"It always felt like.... I had a Guardian angel"
Her voice began to fade
Inside, something stirred,
I was, excited? Scared? no... panicked
She looked at me once more, and said
"Yes.... your beautiful red eyes,
Like ..fresh.... roses.."
She was gone.

I left her behind, before I was discovered.
But truth be told, I didn't want to leave.
My Instincts overpowered my desire though,
but the burning never left,
I felt... sad
but, why would I care...
For the first time in my life,
I cursed my claws, my teeth
my being, I wanted to grieve, the way humans do
But I cannot do that, I am not human
I am monster, and Monsters cannot cry
I want to be human, so that tears can fall from my eyes,
my red eyes, like fresh roses.

I am a Monster.
I was born this way,
With sharp teeth, sharp claws
And glowing red eyes.
I think it's a bad thing,
I hate myself,
I am what I am,
And I am not proud.







No comments:

Post a Comment